Tuesday 2 April 2019

Kiramekibito Golden Knight Garo 12" Action Figure


























This is definitely one of my shiniest toy, comparable to Shining Gundam at its brightest! Shimmering under the limelight is the Kiramekibito Golden Knight Garo 12" Action Figure. It's not a figure that I love at first sight but grew to like it after following the TV series on Youtube. A good thing that licensing loosen after its release more than a decade ago.

Let's talk a bit on the background of Garo ... I would say Garo is part of the tokusatsu family of masked hero on tv show such as the 'Kamen Rider'. Just that Garo has a darker plot with some nudities therefore it is aired at later hours for adult audiences. Man! I have gradually transit from a mecha to tokusatsu fan. Well, I still love mecha and have also opened my arms to tokusatsu : )

Basically, the Makai Knight, Kouga power-up by donning the Garo golden armour and becomes this majestic beast (lion mask I supposed) that specializes in long sword combat. Applaud!!! The figure stands at an awesome height of 12" and the long sword has its own scabbard. Garo eventually has a cape later in the show but it's a shame that Bandai doesn't throw in the cape : (

As you can see, there are a lot of details on the figure but I do fear chrome oxidation as the figure aged. Guess its inevitable. Articulation is limited with some movement obstructed by the armour. Can't pose Garo holding the sword with both hands.

Not to forget that Garo TV show has one of best opening show by JAM Project...

2 comments:

deSMOnd said...

When I saw this at NG COLLECTION, CSC many years ago, I hesitate to get it. It looks good indeed. Where did you get it?

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

NG Collection is so nostalgic. I got mine from Carousell. It’s a good deal though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...