Sunday 5 December 2010

3rd Toy Carnival Field Report














Felt like a paratrooper landed at a wrong drop-zone. Oh! I wasn't aware that the venue of this year toy carnival was slightly off the main building of S.A.M and the wild goose chase did give me some good workout.

This year carnival is definitely better than the 2nd but the very 1st left me with deepest impression. This year, there are approximately 20 toy stores going on sale so collectors will be pleased and those shopping for children presents this Christmas will also be delighted to be able to strike some good deals especially on Transformers. I happened to be eyeing on an Extended MSIA Zaku II going at S$12/- but man! Some guy managed to grab first. Sigh...

On display, there were some 1/6 scale figurines ranging from G.I Joes, samurai, Marvel to Ip Man. Just before my departure, I came across some dedicated cosplayers distributing phamplets promoting the event so I approached them for phototaking. They are really sporting and it's definitely nice to have them grace the occasion.

PS: The greatest delight of my day is to able to meet up with my old buddy, Mr K. Very happy to see him in high spirits and especially with the companionship of his love.

11 comments:

bluedrakon said...

Some great figures there and the cosplay was well done as well. Not sure we have any cosplayers at a toy convention here, but will let you know.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I have seen some really nice cosplaying at some of the event you attended before. In Singapore, most of the toy events have got cosplayers and I must these cosplayers are very well received in my homeland these days.

Ant Sized Man said...

Great 1/6 Scale collection , got over a 100 myself. Looking like a cool event>

Like that Cobra Commander.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I guess them are mainly fighter jet pilots and those of Starwars since you are into both these lines.

LEon said...

Bro next time you see a good deal, grab it first. Don't wait. For me I saw many good to buy stuff but still I resisted the temptation that day. LOL

deSMOnd said...

Dennis, I was in your third photo..you did not see me..Alamak!!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> LEon
The worst that was that when I noticed it, that guy was holding it in his hands and asking his friend whether to buy. Ahhhhhh...... Ha! Ha!

>> deSMOnd
Ha! Ha! That was a shot I took before leaving and man I only noticed that when I got home to process the photos. So near yet so far away bro! Lol....

sl619 said...

the entrance to the place itself looks very toy like with its paint job. haha!
and from i can see from your photos, there are far more completed figures on show rather than model kits

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> sl619
Oh yes pal, there's absolutely more toys rather than model kit in this event. I only some store selling RG Gundam and couple of vintage 1/100 HG Gundam Endless Waltz kits.

chrismandesign said...

hey, pal, i’ve been really busy these days... but here i am =)... nice coverage on this fair & yep u r in the 3rd pic XD, i recognized u immediately =D... believe or not, there was an entertainment/comic/manga/cosplay event here, but i didn’t make a coverage !!! i blame myself =/ next year i will b tuned with events here =)

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

We sure want to see any coverage on such event on the other part of the world. I'm sure you are too engross and involved in that entertainment/comic/manga/cosplay even till you forget. Ha! Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...