Thursday 20 November 2014

LBX Archilles Model Kit













My 7-year-old son has finally awaken to model kit! He came to me with a box of Little Battlers' Experience LBX Archilles and told me he wanted it as a gift. I'm equally delighted to get this for him as I always think that this knight framed LBX, looks really awesome. I assumed my son had been somehow influenced by the kiddy anime aired on OKTO channel, which even my elder sister had some knowledge of this protagonist mecha design like a gladiator with it round spartan shield and lance. 

Though Denz like the model kit, it's still daddy doing most of the hard work of assembling. Well, the instruction manual is extremely friendly and colour printed on all pages. The cape had to be cut out from the manual, so I had used scrotch tape as lamination to strengthen the paper cape. Since it mainly for kiddo's playing, I only panel lined the robot, and used marker to colour the shield gold and lance spear silver. It's a pretty cool kit, just that parts like the skirtings and legs tends to drop off easily.

6 comments:

chrismandesign said...

this is a very, very nice figure, even considering we are talking about a toy aimed for children !!!... the design is modern while the color scheme is neat and brilliant, the level of articulation is above average, mainly because is a model kit, i guess... in my opinion, better than most of the SD models... a great toy, both for play as for display and a beautiful gift for your son !!!... =)

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Very much agreed with the great design which is superior to SD Gundam in terms of articulation. I had that concept of Gundam Build Fighters or whichever come first. I'm just a bit frustrated with the limbs coming off.

Yami said...

I have the LBX Achilles kit collecting dust yet to be built and probably it will be a while before i touched it.

I got into Danball Senki when i played the game on PSP though stopped following the series after the 2nd got too silly for me to follow.

Effect parts for the Attack Function would add some flavor to the kit.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Time is never enough especially after marriage. I had stopped playing PS console for a while though I really missed playing those wonderful turn-based strategy mecha and fantasy games. I'm still watching anime during traveling time, clearing my backlog model kits and focus more on exercising to combat aging process ^_^

deSMOnd said...

It is great that your son also likes model kits..

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

My son still pretty fickle minded. Now he's into shield, sword and bow.. Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...