Monday 18 February 2013

Soft Vinyl Super Size Unicorn Gundam










Gundam Unicorn Episode 6 screening in Singapore is drawing even nearer as I speaks and I'm please to announce to those lucky ones who are invited for the fiesta that screening is just 2nd March 2013, venue: Shaw theatre Lido @ 10.30am. Man! I am so excited that I had re-watched episode 1 to 5 again to refresh my memories as the wait had been dreading.

In line with the screening, here a non-scale Soft Vinyl Super Size Unicorn Gundam by Banpresto standing as tall as 35cm, for those who likes big toys as collectibles. I have placed a 1/100 scale Astray Gundam to show you the size comparison. The Gundam is basically in Unicorn mode and could not change to destroy mode. Point of articulation is only the head going side ways. Shoulder rotation up and downwards @ 360 degree.

It's a plain and simple toy clearly defined in 5 colours, without panel lines. If you absolutely must have it to perfection, be prepared to do some touch-up work on your own. The toy was made to display in standby hangar pose and come with no accessory. Priced below 2000 yen as it's supposed to be budget toy I guess.

14 comments:

chrismandesign said...

big toys for big boys with big homes... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... Banpresto has made a great job on this simple but very nice toy, actually i think that in this kind of soft vynil toys BP has one the highest standards in quality and paint job, everything for an affordable price... it seems that there is a lot of expectation on the next episode of the Unicorn saga... =)

Om3ga062012 said...

I think this unicorn is as big as bandai Mega size 1/48 scale. The armor's detail looks nice and the price is affordable

deSMOnd said...

its big...

Ant Sized Man said...

Massive, somewhere between 1/48 and 1/42 i guess.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> chrismandesign
I can't agree more that Banpresto had achieved high standard when it comes soft vinyl figure at affordable price. Big toy, big boy but no big house for me. Lolz..

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I should have use the Mega Size Gundam RX-78-2 is a prop when taking this toy. I think adding some panel lines will bring out more details of the toy.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> deSMOnd
Indeed, being big is the selling point of this toy. A toy that can be put on the outside to gain attention.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Ant Sized Man
Actually it was so big that I could not find a good place at home to display it. I ended up giving it to Stanley.

bluedrakon said...

I would be afraid that one of my cats would think it was a toy and I would have chew marks all over it.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Ha! Ha! It true that toy of this size is too big to be kept in cabinet hence be vulnerable target for pets.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the unicorn!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

No prob! It's better off with you bro!

David John Shewsbury said...

This is good for display on the shop if you are a toy/hobby shop owner.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Indeed, a big display helps to attract customers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...