Sunday 26 August 2012

Otaku Shops @ Far East Plaza Singapore
















I usually have some time to loiter @ town after sending my daughter to school and before work starts whenever I'm rostered to do afternoon shift. Far East Plaza is one of the vital points which I could get a bus transit to office and ideally there are a few good hobby shops there to help me kill time. 

Starting from level 2 of Far East Plaza is this long standing shop known as 'Hobby Focus'. It's remarkable that this shop had been unmoved for ages. It's main focus is model kits on military planes and tanks. You can also find some robot toys at the shop's budget corner. 

Just beside 'Hobby Focus' is a game shop 'Funzsquare' which also sells trading figures and games related merchandises. 

My best pick would surely be 'Akiba No Hoshi'. Also at level 2, this shop has plenty of otaku stuffs ranging from mecha to anime character figures and merchandises. Well balanced selection and to my liking they have Macross and Gundam stuffs. I met friendly staff too! I wish I could support but I had exceeded my toy-budget this month (as usual). Pricing is reasonable and I shall return! 

Slowing ascending to level 3, there's a shop call the 'Cube Box' where you may get some surprise find from those random cubicles from gadgets, cute accessories and anime related items. 

Upon reaching level 5 which is the final stage, you will set on a journey of 'Toy Questz' in search of abundant toys and collectibles. The shop has a variety of toys like WWE action figures, Designer toys, animes figures, Transformers and robot chogokins. I would say plenty of toys in a shop of its size. This is also the shop which I bought my U.S version 8" Strike Gundam action figure.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing bro, have not been there for quite some time. I have seen some of the shops you mentioned but are Akiba No Hoshi and Toy Questz new stores?

bluedrakon said...

Nothing like that here as most of the toy stores are no longer in the malls thanks to Walmart.

Though, my son would be drooling on the glass looking at the Monster Hunter figures - LOL

Jcee said...

Oh man I am soooo jealous!!!
My hobby shops comprised of only online stores and Toysrus LOL!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> James Chan
Akiba No Hoshi is a new discovery for me like it's just new opened. Toy Questz had been there for quite a while, maybe a few years there already.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> bluedrakon
There shouldn't be monopolization of market! Shame on you Walmart! Your son likes 'Monster Hunter' as well! Guess he must be a big time gamer and anime chaser just daddy! Anyway, MH is a great game, time worth investing...

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Nowadays, I preferred just window shopping but when it's serious buying of toys or kits, it's easier that I preorder or getting them from online shops. Easier to search online for specific item.

LEon said...

Dennis I am also a window shopping now too. Dunno is good sign or not but lack of space is killing me. LOL

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I guess it's the situation more collectors will face sooner or later. I'm in the same space constraint problem. Been doing a lot of unboxing and rearrangement lately. Creating steps for display toys to increase room efficiency.

chrismandesign said...

is a common malady or what ???... i mean, there are many collectors which belong to the infamous family "Lookin’n Nobucks" LOLOLOLOLOLOL... there are a few good stores in my hometown and there are no Walmarts, FAOs, ToysRus or things like that to worry about, but i think that less than 2% of my collection items purchases come from those stores...

actually, as you, i order most of my items but the curiosity is that my favorite provider (who is an appreciated friend of mine as well) has a store... he usually regrets the fact that the people are not willing to pay what toys/collection figures are really worth =/... he asked me to help him to manage an online sales option and i think is a great idea !!! =)

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Welcome to the family pal! Ha! Ha! A 2% from million dollar assets already is a lot! Lolz... Nice to hear that you have good toy contact and even a sideline in business. It sure is a good experience. Gundam Guy excel from blogger to business. There always potential in thing we do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...