Friday 28 May 2010

Visit to 2nd Toy Carnival








It was a long wait of more than an hour before I was able to find a carpark lot at Expo this evening. A long car queue was formed even before Expo Drive and I'm glad my wife was around to accompany me before boredom sets in. The huge crowd was not drawn by 'Toy Carnival' but due to several events going on at the same time on this public holiday.

When I entered the event hall, I could not help feeling disappointment seeing 'Toy Carnival' situated at one small corner like a different entity. It was very different from what I expected and I felt that this year 'Toy Carnival' was least focused. There were figurines of Marvel/DC on sale and Zoids on discount. But, there wasn't any real deal for me or perhaps I arrived late.

The comforting thing was that I managed to meet up friends and comrades who shares the same hobbies like Desmond, Lai and Calvin. I had some good chats with them till the event closed for the day. My apologises for not taking much pics at the venue.

8 comments:

deSMOnd said...

Bro, good to see you there. The 12inch iron man you mentioned is still Iron Man Mark III but in Battle Damaged Version.

chrismandesign said...

it seems u hav a lot of social life =PPP LOL good for u !!! definitely i’m not so social (only with my close friends, but they now i can b so kind/sarcastic & they appreciate me as i am =D)... the 1st pick says all... what a tiny Toy Carnival !!! i would b dissapointed as well, if i find this, after a long wait =/... but, if there r no toys, good enough when there r some friends to enjoy the moment... huh ! HotToys, always good pieces, but not my cup of tea =X

chrismandesign said...

P.D. yep, i saw u leave me a comment in my last post... as always ur kindness is welcome & will b matched !!!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> deSMOnd
Thx bro! I have made the amendments.

>> chrismandesign
Friends known through hobby have given great support. I probably have more social life than worklife. Ha! Ha! I thank you once again for your constant support and comments bro!

Little Plastic Man said...

Ha Ha...I forgot about this...maybe I will go down today...thanks for reminding me!

mangyver5223 said...

man.........that carnival looks awesome....but have gunpla instead figurines? AHA! just craeted my second blog.........in english named The Gunplayers and just review my Exia Gundam there. Hope you drop by. here's the adress: Http://Thegunplayers.blogspot.com

LEon said...

Thanks for the heads up bro!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Little Plastic Man
Best not to drive there bro! Hope you manage to have fun there!

>> mangyver5223
Glad to see your continuous support to my blog. I will visit your blog too!

>> LEon
Don't mention it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...