Sunday 21 October 2018

Custom Dragon Ball DBZ Scouter for Statue/Figure

Detached the scouter from Bardock

Cut the lens frame from the earmuff 

It's a lot easier for Bardock resin statue since the scale and design is very much the same. 




As for Recoome, I did an extension to the frame by adding a small piece of plastic as well as applying putty over it. It's a bit of a rush work so I'm didn't sand it down properly. I apologises for that ^_^ The last step is to painted the scouter white with Gundam marker. 



The earmuff for Burter is more challenging due to those round ears. My solution is to use helmet of LEGO, saw it to half so that it manages to cover the ear. Thereafter, I attached the lens and frame with super glue before applying white paint. 


I always wanted to add scouters to those figures/statues which I acquired previously. I finally found the answer to my problem and that's obtaining the scouter from Grandista Resolution of Soldiers Bardock and sacrificing the body. I have to removed the scouter glued to Bardock, cut the scouter and then reattaching the lens so they would fit well at a nice angle. It's a lot easier for Bardock 10" Resin Statue since the scale and design is very much the same. 

As for my 10" Recoome Vinyl Figure, I did an extension to the frame by adding a small piece of plastic as well as applying putty over it. It's a bit of a rush work so I'm didn't sand it down properly. I apologises for that ^_^ The last step is to painted the scouter white with Gundam marker. 

The earmuff for 12" Burter Vinyl Figure is a bit more challenging due to those round ears. My solution is to use helmet of LEGO figure, saw it to half so that it manages to cover the ear. Thereafter, I attached the lens and frame with super glue before applying white paint. In order to make the custom scouter a removable accessory, I have chosen white Blu Tack for mounting. 

4 comments:

LEon said...

Nice mod bro!!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Leon
Thanks bro 🙏🏻

deSMOnd said...

Dennis, great effort to make what you wanted :)

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Desmond
Thanx bro! A little effort towards perfection : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...