Sunday 18 December 2016

Dragon Ball Z - HG Dead Yamcha / Yamucha Figure























One of my loots from Hong Kong trip which I only paid 1200 HK dollars. It's probably a knockoff/bootleg of Bandai's limited edition however I'm surprised that it was so closely made that it even came with an exclusive brown shipping box that protects the black cover box that you see in the pic. The cover says "Next Vendor's Innovation", Bandai license dated 2015 and abbreviation of 'HG' - Hayakukoi Gokou. Can't be too sure, it's probably the name of the sculptor. Within the box laid a 10cm figure of dead Yamcha or some may called him Yamucha depending on how you translate.

Figure portrayed the dead state of Yamcha when Saibaiman blown up on him before he could even face off both evil Saiyans. We all know how few Yamcha figures were released in the past that's why an form of Yamcha figure circulated could be so sought for. Especially those he donned the Dragon Ball Z turtle 亀martial art attire. Then again who would buy a sidekick figure if you are not a fan. I know there are many Yamcha's fan just like me. 

The dead facial expression is well-balanced, mimicking the anime scene of dead Yamcha with those soulless white eyes, on close-up can still see the scar on the face, tweaked eyebrows, painting on the mouth and inking in the ears. The arms ain't painted but I noticed clearly the supposedly exposed fleshes from the torn clothing were applied with skin colour paint. Impressive model close to the original, in accordance to the state of torrent. 

Despite the small size and awkward shaping, the paintings were pretty neat. The martial art 亀 attire, wrist bands, belt and foot wear were all painted. The underside of the figure laying on the ground was completely flat when the figure was turned over. 

An early Christmas gift received was a handphone pouch in the shape of Japanese Tatami bed! Just the right time for me to put Yamcha figure inside and it looks like Yamcha found a final resting place! So glad I have the diorama crater, which is such a perfect prop for this photography. With the use of handphone app 'PicArt', accompanied with the add-on, I really had a lot of fun!

8 comments:

LEon said...

Wah you actually buy this? You are really hardcore Dragonball fan man! Congrats!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Leon
I'm more of a Yamcha/Yamucha fan. This part of the story was actually quite sad.

chrismandesign said...

I remember there was a time when Dragon Ball merchandise, specially gashapons, were fairly available and I think that was the time when I got mine... I don’t know what’s the situation there in Singapore currently, but here in Colombia, my homeland, we are flooded with imitations and bootlegs, but to find original Bandai gashapons is virtually impossible... As you pointed, there is a very little amount of figures of Yamcha available in the collectible’s market and for that very reason, these not official renditions are a good option for the followers of this secondary character... It looks like Honk Kong could be a good place to find rarities !!!... =D

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Chrismandesign
Again you make me feel very fortunate that DBZ are relatively abundant in Singapore with local active FB group and frequent transactions and listing. Hong Kong is a good place for toy sourcing with some surprising finds just that the shopping experience wasn't as nice during my trip. If I didn't found this figure there, I would get it on eBay either way.

deSMOnd said...

The base really matches the figure :)

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Yeah bro! Match in heaven ^_^

David John Shewsbury said...

funny but unique pose that serve the title "DEAD".... you certainly have a unique taste!!!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> David
Actually, I more surprised with who on earth decided to sculpt this figure in the first place. I guess the figure was released limited quantity as Bandai might worry who would actually buy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...