Wednesday 18 January 2012

Wusong BB Kit










I got this from a friend with much anticipation judging from the artwork on the box (Wusong, the tiger slayer from Water Margin). To my disappointment, this is a knockoff product of BB Sangokuden Ryubi Gundam. I was fool into thinking that this company "DECOOL" had come up with a kit that's indifferent and innovative. The kit wasn't even close to what it was shown on the artwork. I had searched online for the company's origin only to find a Youtube video of "DECOOL" imitation Lego product. After assembly, the kit looked exactly like a green variant of Ryubi Gundam. Since I'm blogging about it, I may as well spent a little more time in giving the kit some touch up. I have taken some pics of this bootleg with the authentic Ryubi Gundam for a comparison. My apologises for misleading you and would to emphasized that this is NOT an official product of Bandai. Any comments? 

10 comments:

bluedrakon said...

I was wondering about the box art as it was nothing like what you were showing.

You did a really nice job on that even with it being a bootleg. Change a couple color molds and BAM, 'new' figure.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I will love it if it's an original design. The artwork is simply deceiving. I was thinking of giving away this and some other BB Sangokuden Gundam & loose parts. Wonder anyone is interested?

chrismandesign said...

this time i will be very laconic... Decool is not-cool-at-all LOL... anything else ??? =( =/ X.X

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Ha! Ha! As the company name suggested. Not cool at all...

deSMOnd said...

Bro, buy the bandai version then..

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Oh yes, in fact Bandai version is very much affordable after the popularity of the anime had die down recently. I got this from a friend and he had caution me, so it's more like creating the awareness among collectors. I do have two BB Gundam lookalike kits that are awesome too! It's sometime fun to take some risk.

David John Shewsbury said...

LOL.... my rule is simple, if its GunPla, stick to the big brother Bandai.... hahahahaha.... all the other none official alternative option, I couldn't be bothered to even think about them simply becoz I'm half Japanese and we are loyal to the one and only "daimyo" hahahaha, no matter what other said, we stick to big brother "B"...


by the way, you give me too much!!! I do appreciate them, but as a gift, I feel that its too much, all from your valuable collections.... this is something I treasure the most, I love the classic Macross and when u gave me all those stuff... its like suddenly I have several things for my memory to the old Macross series.

I can never thanked you enough but thank you anyway.... I love them all...


P/S - I cannot find ur address there... how am I to pay back your kindness?

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Your rules of engagement rocks! Just stick to the Big Brother 'B'. I'm just happy that you like the stuff I sent over. That's the best gift of returning the kindness.

sho said...

I had the same knocked off liubei!! but it was a year ago, and I gave it to my cousin already.. anyways, here's my blog of all the current sangokuden original sd gundams I own.. they are all bandai.

http://thetoystream.blogspot.com


hope you visit!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Thank you visiting my blog bro! I have a lot of unassembled Sangokuden kits on hand and would showcase them slowly. Will pay your blog a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...