Monday 27 November 2017

Katsuden @ Anime Festival Asia AFA 2017


























Ramen at Japanese food corner with enticing anime art
























Almost forgotten to attend this year's AFA till I saw my friend's posting on Facebook. Looks like this year AFA has a new anime cover girl which is very kawaii too! As usual, the ticket prices has gone up again still I have make it a point to go. Upon entering the site, I'm greeted by the big scale Exia Gundam with Bandai taking the most strategic booth. Perfect Grade Exia Gundam is the launching Gunpla. There are also cool displays of Figure - Rise Dragon Ball DBZ with Broly as the next badass newcomer!

I'm thrilled by the light-up poster of the new season 'Full Metal Panic' anime by Katokawa and hell to those licensing issues and give us Fumoffu... I have waited a DAMN long 10 years ... Passing by Kotobukiya booth makes me want to watch 'Frame Arms Girls' anime and maybe fall in love with mecha girls and burnt my pocket deeper. Kotobukiya had also launched an exclusive AFA event 'Frame Arms Girls' model kit in red and white. So Singapore colour! Don't play play... 

Banpresto had many non-posable figures in their arsenal, casting their net with more licensing to games and anime characters, all thanx to the support of Ichiban Kuji fans... People just love gambling... errrr... I meant participating on lucky draw.... AFA 2017 is a grand booth from IdolMaster with costumes and figures on display. Never mind that cos I'm interested in 'Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend', recently enjoyed watched the anime and two thumbs up! Hence, I had spent more time at their booth admiring the drawings and artefacts related to the anime with lots of anticipations that the season 2 is coming next year Feb. To resist those bishoujo I must!

Other booths that also caught my attention included Bilibili, a video sharing website themed around anime, manga, and game fandom based in China... That's my kind of Japanese invasion... Lolz... Last but not least, NHK booth featuring 'Domo! World'. I'm always a supporter of NHK on my network T.V following their daily news, J Melo and especially like 'Imagine-nation' which the programme talks about anime, manga, and Japanese game. Awesomely Japanese! Now, I'm inspired to save up for my next Japan trip! Banzai!

4 comments:

LEon said...

Wah bro you went ha? Glad you like it!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Leon
Yeah bro! I slept very little after my night shift and went down. It's like a tradition now to attend AFA! Kudos...

deSMOnd said...

How was the event? lesser booths lesser mechandize?

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Desmond
The event still engaged me though I feel that as mecha stuff over the years. My best AFA still is the year when WAVE booth was around. I'm glad that AFA had received strong support from Bandai and Banpresto over the years. There are some stuffs which nearly bought but considering I had already spent beyond my budget for the month, I should let my pocket burnt deeper. Lolz..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...