Monday 21 September 2009

Transformers Animated Optimus Prime



Even though the toy is for 5 years and above, the toy is robust enough for rough play. Great quality! Pressed onto the autobot logo on the chest and it goes "My name is Optimus Prime". It has got very simple transformation too!



Animated Optimus Prime is quite valued for money! Not only it could transform, it has movable mouth and light-up eyes when it speaks. When you pushed the toy in vehicle mode, it makes engine sound. When you press the button above the windscreen, the siren and blinkers will be activated.


It's a big toy standing above 12 inches in robot mode. There ain't much articulation on the arms and upper body, but the multiple joints on the legs does allow the robot to be posed in many ways.



Because this toy is made for young children, there ain't many small accessories or weapon to prevent choking hazard. The only weapon that comes with the toy is this huge ultra axe with pop-out blades.



Animated Optimus Prime has sharper features and is more sleek compared to its G1. If you notice, Animated Optimus Prime has really long and sharp chin.

In my opinion, the toy is less appealing in vehicle mode. In vehicle mode, the truck looks very futuristic and the axe can be attached to the vehicle's rear. The lightnings at the front of the vehicle will also light up when you push the vehicle



This poster is done by my wife. Denz can't wait to play with Animated Optimus Prime....

This is my son's first robot (Optimus Prime) and the present is from me! Hee! Hee! I remember my dad also bought me, my first Optimus Prime and the thought of getting robot as a birthday present for Denzel came about when Denz begins recognizing robots.

It all happened when repeatedly shown my Macross toys and telling Denz that's robot, he's now able to point to my toys and says 'Beebot'. Denzel still can't pronounce 'robot' but I'm sure he knows what robot is. Maybe, this is the time to cultivate his interest on robot toy. He may one day be the successor to my toy collection! Ha! Ha! ... I got carried away again! Ha! Ha!


Denzel playing with Animated Optimus Prime...


Interesting features of Animated Optimus Prime...

7 comments:

LEon said...

What a present!! Can see he is one happy and lucky kid! I am pretty sure he will grow up loving Optimus Prime like you did.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Ha! Ha! I sure hope so! Thx Leon!

deSMOnd said...

Wah bro!! collecting toys is an expensive hobby. You want to pass it to your son??

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Yahor! Like that better not.. Hee! Hee!

Jcee said...

Wow that Optimus Prime is so big!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

That's one of the reason why I bought it. So that my son won't just grab it on the hand and throw it.

chrismandesign said...

now i understand... i didn’t notice that it was so big (12")... the idea of training ur son in "collection skills" seems to me wise, but it’s a guarantee that ur son will follow u... =)__(= LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...