Thursday 12 November 2020

Milo Toys Collection















Milo has accompanied me during the growing up years and I still enjoy this chocolate beverage till today. Nothing beats a cuppa iced cold Milo after sports day and x-country. Remembering exchanging Milo with coupons from Milo Van Uncle (MVU) at Milo van during sports day when I was schooling. 

Milo Dinosaur is local beverage in Singapore and Malaysia. Basically iced Milo (chocolate malt beverage) with undissolved Milo powder added on top of it. Some store even added even more Milo powder and ice cream to make Milo Godzilla! That's Milo over drive... 

You must be wondering why a figure of someone kicking ball. Time for Hokkian dialect lingo in Singapore... Milo is called Tak Kiu/ 踢球 which translates to ‘ Kicking a ball’. Due to its packaging starring athletes, supposedly mostly footballers kicking a ball in the past hence the namesake. 

4 comments:

chrismandesign said...

There is an interesting story behind the Milo brand in Singapore and I wasn’t aware of how appreciated is this beverage, specially cold, among Singaporeans, before I made my research for a publication where I featured some of your gifts... However, I had no idea about the dinosaur, uncle van or the soccer player!...

deSMOnd said...

The Milo soccer figure is pretty cute..Haha!!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Chrismandesign
Milo is part of growing here and also in Malaysia. It has come a long way and we love it...

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Desmond
My fav is the definitely the Milo van.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...