Monday 19 September 2016

Singapore Toy Games & Comic Convention STGCC 2016 - Artistic & Adorable







































This is one area which I have least knowledge with nonetheless it's the genre I think many would just instinctively or impulsive grab any of these cuties! So much so I witnessed an overseas buyer telling the artist booth staff that he wanted all that were on display simply without asking the price. Even those tuna Mame Mayoshi's seafood figurines were sold out within hours. Astounding!! 

There were those sellers who rode on the wave of Pokémon craze with related merchandises from apparels to Pokéballs. STGCC had served as a good platform for artists to express their talents through not just figurines not also plenty of avenues like keychains, posters, post cards, T-shirts, banners, doodles and so on so fore.. incredible expressions of self and urban arts.

4 comments:

chrismandesign said...

What a prodigality of talent, creativity and acid humor in all these figures !!!... No wonder why they are highly sought, I mean, anybody with weird tastes would be delighted and there is something for someone looking for cuteness or for some deranged collector out there LOLOLOL !!!... =OOOOO

deSMOnd said...

I want to buy the blue fish with sashimi body that holds a knife. But they sell it at S$80 each. I gave up in the end..too expensive for me!!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Chrismandesign
I would agreed that some designer toys come be a little weird or sadist.. whatever it is, there are always someone around who would appreciate such art piece.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> Desmond
I'm sure the money can be used on toys that you adore more..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...